Saturday, January 19, 2013

Link Plugola!

OK, So I'm not getting any money for this, so technically it's NOT plugola or payola or any other "-ola" for that matter.

I thought I'd take a sec and give some love to some blogs and links I check out from time to time. 

Some I use for show prep, others I check out for fun. 

First up, "By Ken Levine". He is an Emmy winning writer/director/producer/major league baseball announcer. In a career that has spanned over 30 years Ken has worked on MASH, CHEERS, FRASIER, THE SIMPSON'S, WINGS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, BECKER, DHARMA & GREG. I love reading his behind the scenes stories about writing those shows. He's also worked in radio, so I love those stories as well.

Next, "Homestead Annie". It's written by a friend of mine, she talks about her family, her life, and occasionally there are some awesome recipes as well.

Fark is a website that...well..their slogan is "It's not news, it's Fark.com". It's a place to find unusual news stories that are sometimes worth reading, but it's the headlines to those stories that are hysterical. All of the links are submitted by readers of the site, and the headlines are reader-submitted as well. 

Some of these links are listed in the right-hand column of this blog. I just wanted to take a second and elaborate on a few of them.

Happy reading!



 



No comments: